Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Day 2016


To state the obvious, Tuesday's election is pivotal. We are all responsible for voting our conscious and I'm of the frame of mind, you have no grounds to complain if you don't exercise your right to vote.

~ * ~

I do not agree with everyone's opinions but I respect the people I know and the fact you have your own values and reasons for making the choices you make based on your beliefs and life experience even though I do not now, nor will I ever respect Donald Trump. I'm perplexed and stunned that anyone could think he is Presidential material.

_____ ~ * ~ _____

I'm not a party hardliner neither Republican nor Democrat, I am an independent voter. I vote for the people who support the issues that I consider most important and who I believe to be the best person reasonably qualified and in this case realistically within reach of the job.

_____________ ~ * ~ ____________

I am passionate about everyone’s right to clean air, clean water, and a decent education and I happen to believe the science behind climate change and mankind’s contribution to it and the demise of polar ice caps. I tend to side with the Pentagon about climate change being a concern to national security. I firmly believe it is unjust for anyone to profit at the expense of someone else’s health and well being even though we all contribute to this spinning wheel inadvertently.

~ * ~

Aside from profiting through his own agenda, I don’t think Trump gives a rat’s ass about any of it and I believe his Presidency would be a major setback in the progress we have made thus far to combat these issues. All of the money in the world cannot fix the damage that our continued rape and misuse of global resources will cause. None of the other issues will matter if we pollute ourselves to early extinction.

~ * ~

I don't want Trump to win, not only because of these issues but also because I believe he is disingenuous at the core and any man that says it’s okay to grab a woman’s, “Pu$$y” because, “When you’re a celebrity, you can . . .” and then laughs it off claiming it’s every man’s locker room talk has no business representing any country! The men in my family, including my sons are decent human beings and would never, under any circumstances do such a disgusting thing. I like to think that any civilized man who has ever loved or respected a woman would not think Trump with his self proclaimed entitlement to grope women and break laws should be President of the United States.

_______ ~ * ~ ______

WHY I INVOLVED MYSELF

~ * ~

I'm not convinced that Facebook is the place for politics but decided to get involved because I thought it too important to idly stand by and watch people *mindlessly derail one candidate with propaganda and praise a disingenuous, misogynistic, foul mouthed billionaire who, on National television during a Presidential Debate, bragged about, then later denied he said he is smarter than the rest of us because HE learned how to manipulate the system through a loophole by filing bankruptcy. Basically he left honest taxpayers who would go to prison over such a thing, holding the bill. He may say what some people want to hear but I don't believe he cares about the middle class. I think he wants to employ people he owes and his pals and I think he wants to save on taxes for himself and his rich buddies.

_______________ ~ * ~ _________________

I say *'mindlessly' based on the parade of things people posted without bothering to read the stories behind the headlines or checking the facts or sources behind their claims and leaving comments on headlines without reading the stories thus basically not knowing what in the heck they or the rest of us were talking about.

_______________ ~ * ~ ___________________

I apologize for the length of this rant but it was written on the fly. Had I taken time to edit, it would not have been posted before Tuesday.
~Deb                                                                                                                                                         Please watch, Before the Flood, before you vote for the idiot who thinks climate change is a Chinese hoax.

No comments: