Saturday, August 20, 2016

Your Vision Fixed in a Jiffy!

Last night I was watching television when a commercial came on for Lasik Vision. The key selling point of this commercial was that you could be in and out of the office with the entire procedure done in less than 45 minutes. Why, your EYE SURGERY could be done in 15 minutes or less! They also added that you could be back at work the next day.

 What a relief! Or not.

I appreciate efficiency just as much as the next consumer but trust me, I really would rather you take your time with my eyes!

It struck me as comical although I'm sure that for some doctors it's common operating procedure. On the other hand, it's not so funny in the way of its cow herding mentality. Doesn't that just open the door for doctor error? Too familiar, bored with the procedure in how it's become mundane, too many patients sitting in different rooms waiting? Seriously, why the rush?

Theoretically, you could have sharper vision by the time the National Anthem has been sung but you may be saying, "Oh, say can you see?"

 I can't.


Link and credit for original video for gif:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9oxmRT2YWw

No comments: