Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Janis: Little Girl Blue
Biographical Documentary 


I just finished watching a biographical documentary about Janis Joplin, who, to me, has always been somewhat esoteric. 
She died before I was 8 years old, long before rebellion and rock-n-roll entered my vocabulary. She was largely overlooked by my generation and misunderstood by others but MAN, what a powerhouse! 
Janis Joplin delivered her soul on stage in fierce, raw intensity. Caution, if you have a heart and feel things.

Produced by Alex Gibney, Amy J. Berg, Jeffrey Jampol, Katherine LeBlon
Executive producers, Michael Kantor, Susan Lacy, Noah C. Haeussner, Stacey Offman, Michael Raimondi. 
Co-producers, Jayne Goldsmith, Jonathan McHugh, Regina Scully, Diana Lady Dougan.
In conjunction with:  PBS, Content Media Corporation, Disarming Films, Jigsaw Productions., Thirteen Productions, American Masters production in association w/Sony Music Entertainment and Union Entertainment Group

No comments: